Are you craving a mermaid getaway in 2020? Check out this Mermaid Week in Maldives hosted by Mermaid Kat. This lady is all about hosting an unforgettable week for mermaids and merman everywhere. Here are the quick details in a snapshot:
- Date: 5th to 12th September 2020
- Location: Malé, the capital of the Maldives, where you board a yacht
- Cost: $2,800-$3,600 depending on the package
You might be asking yourself, “what does a mermaid getaway week really look like?” And, “is it for me?” The answer is yes. All levels and skillsets are welcome! You can be a total newbie or a professional mermaid. However, please note that all participants need to have strong swimming ability and general fitness as there will be lots of time in the water in a tail.
What will we be learning?
Will there be downtime?
Oh heavens yes! What would be the point of spending time on a yacht and not relaxing? There will be daily yoga sessions as well as a spa to soak in whenever you feel like. You can also sign up for a massage, sit in the jacuzzi, or just sunbathe on deck.
Who will be hosting?
Katrin Gray (aka Mermaid Kat) is a mermaid instructor and underwater stunt woman who will help you deepen your inner mermaid.
Tell me more about the location in the Maldives?
Malé is the capital of Maldives right next to the ocean. You are responsible for your flight to Male, and there you will be boarding the luxurious yacht and heading out to sea for a week.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes! This retreat is a great getaway for those who want to come and support you with your mermaid efforts. If your friend is an aspiring underwater photographer, even better. Their Waterworld team will provide tips to anyone who is looking to learn.
What actually included on the trip?
- Transfer and airport assistance in Malé: airport – ship – airport
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Welcome drink, unlimited drinking water
- Fruit juices, tea, and coffee for breakfast
- 2 GB WIFI for FREE per cabin
- Free loan snorkeling equipment and yoga equipment
- Use of kayaks, paddleboats, jacuzzi
- BBQ on the beach including sunset cocktails and alcoholic Sunset BBQ drinks
- Optional diving, spa or Scubaspa package as per description
- For dive packages: Tank, Weights, Guide, Nitrox 4 Free
- Professional mermaid & underwater modeling workshop with supervision according to the description
- Photoshoots above and underwater
- Photos and videos of yourself
- Maldivian bed tax
- WATERWORLD FotoPRO guide including photo tips and pictures for private use (for photographers)
what are the packages to choose from?
There are currently 3 packages depending on what you are looking for. If you are a certified diver, the #1 package is for you! If you are really looking for a way to relax, then #2 is your best option. Lastly, if you want it all, you can get the #3 and have no regrets as you get the best of both worlds.
- The package Scuba includes 15-17 scuba dives (for certified divers only)
- The package Spa includes 8 spa treatments
- The package Scuba & Spa includes 6 scuba dives and 4 spa treatment (for certified divers only)
What does this Mermaid Week actually cost?
The prices really depend on the style of cabin you would like to book. Prices are below:
- Sea Star Cabin: Eur 2,590 per person (around USD 2,860)
- Cowrie Suite: Eur 2,790 per person (around USD 3,080)
- Dolphin Suits: Eur 3,090 per person (around USD 3,400)
- Manta Suits: EUR 3,290 per person (around USD 3,630)
Are there any additional fees?
Yes, there are a few additional fees that surround the underwater photography shoots. Please see below.
- To join the mermaid workshop and underwater shoots: $490 USD
- For underwater photographers: $270 USD
- Guests who don’t join the mermaid week or underwater photography course: $110 USD
Ready to sign up?
Send an email to; [email protected]
And reserve your spot today!
For more information and pictures, CLICK HERE!
***Please keep in mind that your registration is not complete until you make your deposit. There are only limited spots available. Therefore, sign up fast as spots are expected to fill up quickly***
Tonya SteeleApril 19, 2022
Absolutely beautiful. I love this website. I am a mermaid at heart. And I love being a mermaid because mermaids just wanna’ have fun!